Saturday, April 29, 2006

Philippians 4:10-13

Philippians 4:10-13

[10]I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had no opportunity to show it. [11]Not that I am referring to being in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. [12]I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. [13] I can do all things through him who strengthens me. (Source: http://bible.oremus.org/)


If there is one miracle during my retreat, it is this passage. What happened during that day is one of the beautiful and unforgettable experiences I have. I share it to everyone to tell you that miracles do happen in our life. God do talk to us in many ways. And here, he talked to me through the verses. If Paul wrote this referring to God, in my experience, it was God who was thanking me for my realizations. He did understand my weaknesses and was telling me in verse [10] "it's alright, you didn't really leave me, but you didn't have the chance to show you care for me". Yes! This is exactly what I am guilty of! God is so good and He love me! And here I am, not even knowing how to thank Him! I'm so guilty! Reading the verses affirmed God's goodness. If you only go back to Him, he's always willing to accept you as His own child.

What makes this really special is this: I am happy and grateful that I have found my way back to God. But the verses is saying a different thing: God is much happier seeing me back to Him.

No comments: