Saturday, April 29, 2006

"Saan ito patungo?"



One of the pictures I do not get tired of viewing is the picture of this road in the Novitiate. I was told it's called "Sacred Heart". There is a mystifying feeling about this picture. When I was there, I would just stand in the middle of the road and look as far as my sight could. And in all those times, I would always get mixed emotions. I would always ask myself, "Where is this road leading me?" I knew for a fact that the end of this road is the gate of the novitiate :) but I can't help but ask that question. It looked like an endless path. The grass and trees guarding the road looked so beautiful and full of life!

I miss the place... i miss the silence it brings... I will never forget this place because this is where I found myself again...

And now, I realized where the road led me. It led me back to God. Ito pala ang naging daan patungo sa Kanya...

Pictures courtesy of Jesuit Novitiate

1 comment:

Yellow said...

Hello Lyn, I stumbled upon your blog through the CIS site. I was also at SHN for last year's Holy Week retreat! Did you go on retreat again this year?

I just wanted to say that I relived the retreat experience as I read through your post, especially the realization that the Way of the Cross is for ME! I'm happy to find someone who was also silently crying as we walked through the Stations, and when we kissed his wounded knees.

I hope your Holy Week 2007 was also meaningful and well-spent. I went to a silent, individually guided retreat in The Karis in Tagaytay this year. I think Jesuit Holy Week retreats are my personal panata! :-)

I invite you to my prayer blog at www.multum.blogspot.com, created after last year's beautiful experience at SHN. More photos to follow... :-)

May every day be Easter day!