Friday, April 28, 2006

"Thanks for the Gifts"

Third Prayer Period
Maundy Thursday
April 13, 2006


Indeed God listened to our prayers. Indeed, silence can bring us much closer to God. When you don't speak, when you let silence absorb everything, you can hear God "talking" to you.

It was my 3rd prayer period. After reading the verses (Rom 7:14-25 The conflict in us) I decided to sing the song, "Hesus, Hilumin mo". It's one of my favorite songs. It's a prayer for healing. It is about asking for God's healing power, to heal me in my woundedness so I can heal the others.

"O Hesus, hilumin mo.
Aking sugatang puso.
Nang aking mahango.
Kapwa kong kasimbigo"

While singing, I left my bible on the bench with my journal. And played around with the mahogany leaves on the ground. Then I thought of what to say for thanksgiving. This is my 3rd prayer period! I was quite worried of what to say. I have said many thanksgiving during the first two prayer periods. I have said them all, i thought.

Then I went back to the bench where I left my things. The bible was opened. As i bent to get the bible, I saw the page where it was opened. It says " Thanks for the Gifts" Philippians 4:10-13.

Reading the verses, i realized God was talking to me! He was talking to me in these verses! Couldn't help again but cry! I was like a cry baby during the retreat. I felt to vulnerable.

But the feeling is beautiful! It was so beautiful that I can't help but share it with you.

And I worried not about what to say for thanksgiving... God helped me find the words.

That is the bench where I left my bible and found it opened at Philippians 4:10-13.

2 comments:

Photography said...

wow! nice blog.

i try to visit your blog often kaso lang we don't have internet access here in Sacred Heart School-Jesuit (Cebu)

God bless.

bro. jeff,sj

Erlyn said...

Thank you bro. jeff for visiting my site. I will keep this updated as much as possible. still have entries here to be posted.

thank you and God bless!